Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Japanese Cooking

My greatest fear about having Lisa and Julie here was what would I feed them. Their mother told me they eat rice, and that is very true. I have learned several quite delicious Japanese dishes thanks to the internet and the library for recipes. Tonight I made okonomiyaki. I can make yakisoba, somen, good fried rice, Japanese hamburgers, etc. It all tastes good to me, and they eat it. Now we have pears and apples from the trees in the yard. The berries were good too. Sadly, I have to buy plums because the old tree is gone. But Costco made up for it.

1 comment:

McPherson family said...

You are so good to find recipes to try for them. I am sure they miss home and that maybe helps some. You are such a great person. I am sure they appreciate what you are doing or at least they will remember it and appreciate it later in life!!:)