Saturday, September 6, 2008

Opera and Otters

A special treat I give myself once in a while is to attend the Seattle Opera. In August my friend Maurine Reintjes and I enjoyed Verdi's Aida. I suppose it is one of the most majestic of all operas. The staging was opulent. Rich gold and bronze colors were blended beautifully. The music was gorgeous and the story so tragic, of course. We had a lovely evening. I was even brave and hired a babysitter for Julie and Lisa for the first time. We all survived.
As many of you know, I am partial to otters. At the Tacoma zoo, they now have two kinds of otters which I enjoyed, but the sharks are still the best.

1 comment:

Jennis said...

Hi grandma, I am so glad to have this way of seeing what you are up to, I think of you often and am glad to see you are doing well. love all the pictures and I am jealous you have a techie guru in you pocket, I want one of those guys!! love ya.